Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 WORKING TOWARD A HOPE AND A FUTURE.

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jer 29:11
 
"So there is hope for your future," declares the LORD. "Your children will return to their own land."- Jer. 31:17
 
God has promised Hope AND a Future.  I feel this is my promise, this is for me and my family.  For so long the House of Wood has been through the dessert, the storms, the earth shattering disasters, with very little hope except that of our salvation.  I've held on to the Lord and that knowing he was with me all along the way.  I've not been the most faithful and at times have screamed at God for allowing these things to happen.  I don't understand everything but I do know that I've learned this one thing, life is a day by day and sometimes moment by moment adventure.  God didn't promise we would KNOW the plan or even like HIS plan, but that we trust HIM that he has a plan and that HIS plan is in our best interest.  So with that I try to look at all things in life as a moment of trusting in Him. 
 
2011 I believe is the beginning of some very good things for the House of Wood.  We will be closing on our very own, brand new house in the next week or so.  We believe this in itself is going to be a financial blessing and help us to get back on our feet.  We are more able to plan good things for the family and allowing us more freedom.  We are unsure of any change in our home church at the moment but we are seeing good things in the kids where we are. 
 
Kim will be graduating this year and as soon as we move will be looking for new work.  She is unsure of her own future plans but I am learning that God has them in HIS watchful care. Matt is in a new place and turning 16 this Saturday.  God keeps speaking Jer. 29:11 and Jer. 31:17 to me over these 2.  So, this year, 2011, I am going to try and commit to Praying these scriptures over them, daily.  These are the times that I know God is the only answer and I know PRAYER WORKS.    Becoming a mother of empty nesting is hard.  It's the letting go and allowing Them to work life out with God.  And most of all learning to trust that GOD will take care of them even when they are not following Him. 
 
As for Home school, we have been on a very long break due to this house thing.  SO, I pray that we are able to work into a full day of work after all is settled.  Getting Kids back in a groove is hard but I'm praying that God help me be creative and get them back into things with them on board and not even realizing they are doing it. 
 
More posting to come. 

No comments: